Last Updated: 26 July 2021
This includes where available, your pseudonymous identifiers, operating system and browser type and, depending on the cookie, also includes the reporting of statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
What types of cookies do we use?
We want you to understand the different types of cookies that we use on all Services we provide on our Sites.
DOVU respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice will inform you as to how we look after your personal data when you visit our websites (regardless of where you visit them from) and tell you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you.
You can view an archived version of the previous version of the policy here.
DOVU websites use Google Analytics for website analytics purposes – meaning that we use them to see how many visitors come to our websites, the pages that generate interest and the links that visitors most often click on (amongst other things). The cookies we use do not enable any website visitor to be individually identified and will only be used for website analytics purposes.
- Necessary – They are essential for you to browse our websites and use their features, including accessing secure areas of the sites. Cookies that allow subscription plans to be kept within your profile are an example of where we use them.
- Analytics/performance cookies – They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Site preferences – These cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Marketing – These cookies are used to track visitors across websites and which features are most used within our Sites.
- Session cookies – They allow users to remain signed into our websites and Platform.
Session cookies expire after two hours. Google Analytics cookies can last for up to two years.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). We use Google Analytics in the interests of ensuring a user-friendly design and continuous optimization of our website as well as to record statistics on the use of our website in order top optimize our offering for you. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 clause 1 item of GDPR.
The information generated by the cookie that Google Analytics uses, about your use of the website is generally transmitted to a server of Google in the EEA and saved there. There might be occasions where this information is transmitted to servers located in the USA. IP addresses are shortened and processed anonymously; no relationship to an individual person is therefore possible. If the data collected about you constitutes a personal reference, it is therefore immediately excluded and the personal data is immediately deleted. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address transmitted to a server of Google in the USA and shortened there.
On behalf of the operator of this website, Google will use this information to analyze your use of the Website in order to compile reports on the website activities and to provide other services for the website operator in connection with use of the website and the internet (in particular, functions for display advertising, such as remarketing, reports on impressions in the Google Display Network, integration of DoubleClick Campaign Manager or Google Analytics reports on the performance based on demographic features and interests).
Under some circumstances, Google can analyze your usage behavior over multiple devices (PC, smartphone, tablet, etc.) by means of so-called cross-device functions and evaluate this for us. In this regard, Google can combine information generated via the respective devices for the purposes of personalized advertising as well as with data from your Google account, if you have a Google account and your account settings have been configured such that Google can associate the browser history with the Google account and such that information from the Google account may be used for the personalization of advertisements.
You can prevent the saving of cookies by configuring your browser software; however, please note that in this case you may not be able to make full use of all the functions of DOVU websites. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data generated by the cookie and related to your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of this data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
As an alternative to the browser plug-in or in browsers on mobile devices, you can click on the link here to set an opt-out cookie that will in future prevent the collection of data by Google Analytics within this website.
On our websites, we use links to our profiles on the social networks Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Telegram, Reddit, Discord and the video portal YouTube to increase our visibility in this way.
These services are integrated only as links to the corresponding social networks. No data is transmitted to the provider of the social networks if you do not click on the respective links. After clicking on the embedded links, you will be forwarded to the page of the respective provider. Only then is user information transmitted to the respective provider.
Addresses of the respective providers and URLs with their data privacy information:
- Facebook Ireland Ltd, 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. More information about data collection could be found here.
- Twitter Inc., 1355 Market Street, Suite 900, San Francisco, CA 94103, https://twitter.com/en/tos. More information about data collection here.
- Instagram (Facebook Ireland Ltd), 4 Grand Canal Square, Dublin 2, Ireland. More information about data collection could be found here.
- LinkedIn Ireland U.C., ATTN: Legal Department, Wilton Plaza, Wilton Place, Dublin 2, Ireland. More information about data collections could be found here.
- Telegram Messenger LLP, 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, more information about data collection here.
- YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. More information about data collection here. Google, parent company of YouTube, LLC.
- Reddit Inc., 548 Market Street, 16093, San Francisco, CA 94104-5401. More information about data collection here.
Discord Inc. based out of the USA. More about data collection here.
We have embedded YouTube videos from YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA (“YouTube”), in our online offering, which are stored on www.youtube.com and can be played directly from our website. The YouTube videos are embedded to enable you to conveniently make use of the website. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 para. 1 clause 1 item f GDPR.
By visiting this website, YouTube receives the information that you have loaded the corresponding sub-page of our website. Protocol data is also transmitted. This takes place regardless of whether you are logged into a user account provided by YouTube or no user account exists. If you are logged in with Google, your data will be associated directly with your account. If you do not wish this to be associated with your profile at YouTube, you must log out before visiting our website. YouTube stores your data as a usage profile and uses it for the purposes of advertising, market research and/or usage-based design of its website. Such analysis takes place in particular (even for users who are not logged in) for the provision of usage-based advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have the right to object to the creation of this user profile, and you must contact YouTube to exercise this right.
Cookies help you get the most out of our website. You can however set up your browser to delete or refuse some or all of them, or to notify you when you are sent a cookie and therefore choose whether or not to accept it. You may also delete or refuse, some or all of the cookies, on our website at anytime.
By clicking on the link here, you will be able to navigate to opt-out of all cookies or/and update all of your cookie preferences.
For your convenience we’ve provided links to the cookie management page for the most popular web browsers: