Monthly Recap: March 2022
Staking Beta went live
Phase 1 of Staking Beta went live on 14 March.
Feedback from our first 50 users helped us resolve some issues from v1. New users can enjoy updates like:
- Navigating directly to the staking panel from the navigation bar
- Adjusted yield calculations and how they’re displayed in the Challenge Details panel
- An adjusted buy carbon offset multiplier which registers the total amount of carbon purchased, rather than the number of transactions
We had a lot of questions following our announcement of Phase 2.
So we’ve added a Q&A post to our site – a handy guide on what to expect. Most of this is applicable as we move from Phase 2 to 3 as well. The most important things to note are:
- If you have signed up for the waitlist, you do not need to sign up again, even if you didn’t get into either phase. We use the same list so your sign up is eligible to be chosen for all 3 phases.
- We hope to open phase 3 in around 2 weeks if all goes smoothly. We’ll add an additional 350 users, bringing the total users up to 500. Following feedback, public staking will open soon after.
- If you have any questions you can head over to our Discord. You’ll be the first to know about updates, announcements and product launches.
You can also keep up with official announcements on Twitter.
We are the first ever grantee of the HBAR Foundation Sustainable Impact Fund.
It’s particularly significant that DOVU met the rigorous requirements to qualify for this grant. This is a big step for us in our mission to become the trust layer for carbon offset integrity.
Our CTO, Matt Smithies, has been chosen as a mentor for Hedera x Outlier Ventures Base Camp, a Web3 accelerator aimed to help startups. It backs teams building products in DeFi, sustainability, NFT infrastructure and more.
- We launched the Carbon Market Beta. Our filtering functionality will be extremely important as the ecosystem evolves.
- We achieved an average of 1.25 million txns in 24 hours during our throughput test.
- We’ve shared some insights for those interested in our experiments and looking to run similar experiments.
- We continue to update our token engineering vision series. This deep dive into the Carbon Market Cap is a great read if you want to know more about associating carbon debt with specific crypto projects.
Publicity & marketing
We had lots going on surrounding our products and launches, but farmers are always an important part of our mission. This month, some of our team attended the Low Carbon Agriculture Show.
We also did a lot of talking this month…
- Our co-founder, Irfon Watkins, met with the hosts of Planet of the Klimates to discuss the partnership between DOVU and Klima Infinity. As two companies uniquely qualified to help fight climate change, we highly recommend you give it a listen.
- Our CTO, Matt, appeared on HBAR Bull’s podcast to discuss all things Defi, Hedera and staking.
- We spoke more about being the first recipient of a grant from the Sustainable Impact Fund with the HBAR Foundation.
- And finally, Tapmydata hosted an AMA, which included some exciting discussions about future plans. Did someone say Blood Moon?
How to bridge DOV from Ethereum to Hedera.
Speak to our team about registering land for carbon capture.
- Be the first in the know: https://discord.gg/wW7rg6dDN4
- Browse: https://dovu.earth/en/
- Connect: https://twitter.com/dovuofficial
- Read: https://medium.com/dovu-earth